Pages

Friday 21 May 2010

Tales of the Week

I'm going to open this post with a question: has anyone ever tried to write a book, find a house and plan a wedding in the same week? 

Yes, it's been a crazy week.

So it all began on Saturday, when Steve proposed. Many of you will know who Steve is, or will have at least seen him in the comments or in a few guest posts, but for those of you who don't, it's probably fairly clear by now that he was my boyfriend/now my fiance. There's a word I never thought I'd use. And lest my somewhat frazzled post suggest otherwise, I am actually terribly excited and happy about it! Yay! I'm engaged!

Of course, this has meant that I've spent the week neck-deep in messages, phone calls and the like from my friends and members of my (very large) family. I've also been neck-deep in planning a wedding (so exciting and so much fun, but, can I just say, so stressful). At least, I've been trying to, what with conflicting schedules, timing problems, legal things, etc etc. 

Yeah. Apparently it's not all gorgeous fashion, presents and pretty tablecloths.



Steve and I have also been looking for house for July, because I pretty much finish at Lancaster in June. And house-hunting, while also fun and exciting (because it's my first one ever), carries its own share of mayhem. Wowee, you wouldn't believe it unless you've done it yourself. But we've found a couple places we really like, and we're going to see them two weekends from now, so that's something near to look forward to!


As mentioned above, I've been trying to write this week too, which has proven more difficult than usual. I've outlined most of TEA WITH DEATH, DESIRE AND RAGE and have done some more work on planning the sequels to ECHOES.


Yesterday, the lovely Tessa Conte gave me this award, so, thank you, Tessa!


Yay!

So, in passing it on, I'm just going to pick five of my many favourite pretty blogs, regardless of how prolific their writers are (no offense to the others, I've had a really hard time just picking five for now!)

1. Jane at Novel Pretender, for her gorgeous background and amazing word cloud

2. Marian at Just a Trifle, because it looks so pretty and it's about Sherlock Holmes

3. Terresa at The Chocolate Chip Waffle, for that beautiful photo at the top

4. Nina at WICKFIELD, 'cause I'm a sucker for Disney

5. The Slushpile Slut, because I'd love a few of those stilettos.


I've decided that next week is going to be a themed week! Themes! Hooray! 


As I feel rather mushy these days (reasons why above), I thought I'd focus on love stories. I'm going to pick five literary or fictional couples, iconic or not so iconic, and write about them. One for each day of the week, Monday to Friday. I'll talk about why I love them as a couple and as individual characters, why the love story works on paper, how it's conveyed, and I'd love any contributions about why you might agree or disagree with me.

Now to pick those couples...


Finally, please don't forget to sign up for the Character Interview Blogfest if you're interested! The signup sheet is in the sidebar, so swing your eyes right!


Happy weekend, everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Lots going on for you!! Congrats on the engagement!! And Thank You so much for my award!! So glad you're a follower of my blog too!! Have a wonderful, stress free weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog award! You are a doll!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thanks so much for the award! Suckers for Disney unite! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh congratulations to you both, Sangu and Steve! At last, some lovely news this week.
    Thanks for your kind comments and support.
    Much love,
    Vix
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations on getting engaged, i hope he planned a really nice romantic spot for you (ahem).

    and thanks everyone for the kind words! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all the congratulations, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! That's so exciting! I look forward to your couples week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Sounds like you have so many happy changes going on all at once. You know, there's nothing wrong with taking a few days break from writing. Don't put so much pressure on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That WAS a crazy week! Congrats on what must be a breathless, exciting time :D And I was so inspired by your upcoming blogfest that I'm now hosting one of my own. Thanks for sharing your awesome with us!

    ReplyDelete