Pages

Wednesday 2 June 2010

Pretty things!

I like pretty things. I'm not ashamed to admit that. I like things that look lovely, or interesting, or gorgeous, or just plain pretty - largely because of the way things like that, beautiful and interesting things, inspire me to write, inspire stories, and just offer me some neat eye candy.

For instance, I love this dress. And I love beautiful cities:

  

And I love the countryside. Steve lives in East Anglia, and I'm here visiting for a while. Let me just say, the countryside's gorgeous. I mean, I love the Lancashire countryside too, with its craggy hills and low stone hedges, but this is different: flat land, soft fields, sunsets.

Do beautiful things inspire you?


On the subject of blog awards, Bridge Marie gave me this one. Yay, thank you! 


So, of course, I'm passing it on to a couple of people - to Steve, to Alesa, and to India - all of whom have been brilliant at supporting the blog and critiquing my writing. There are loads of others who have been brilliant too, and I hope you all know how much I appreciate your comments on the blog and how wonderful I think you all are!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award!
    I love the dress, very Atomic-era 1950's style of print which is a good thing in my book.
    I adore beauty - in people, scenery, art and architecture.
    Vix
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, enjoy beauty. I'm the kind of person who rushes through most of everything I do, so I don't normally take to the time to admire beautiful things.

    I'll make a note to try harder.

    ~JD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty things are the best, aren't they? And yes, East Anglia is gorgeous.

    Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aye, beauty is wonder to behold... And fantastically different for each beholder.

    But as to inspiration, I'd be tempted to say that I generally draw mine more from the mind than the mind's eye which perceives beauty.
    While beauty is often something I aspire to, it is but rarely, in my case, the seed that sprouts into creation. Thoughts and ideas are usually what inspire me (not exclusively of course, beautiful music or paintings have sometimes spurred me into action).

    Congrats on the award! And thanks for thinking of me again. :j While I dig the love (and reciprocate it), please pardon me for not putting it up. I am one of those churlish curs who don't take part in the awards system.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Done!

    And you're a beautiful too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. for my shorts, i look for graphic prompts online, anything from horror to humorous :O

    for longer writes, i dig into the recesses of the old bean...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, thank you for the award! Sorry I haven't replied before now... it's been an absolutely crazy week and I've been a neglectful bloggy friend. :(

    But the feeling is mutual! The writing journey is so much easier with the support of our online friends, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete