Pages

Monday 21 June 2010

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times"

...and I'm not even a Dickens fan.

This somewhat dramatic turn for quoting springs from my present state of affairs: I am trapped somewhere between far too many things to do, far too many things to wait for, and far too many other things to be stressed out about. This is what comes from trying to sort out doctor's appointments, enjoy your last (hectic) week of university life, and move into a new house at the very end of that last (hectic) week (with all the innumerable exciting and stressful things moving house involves) - all at the same time.

As a result of which, I'm very sad to say that blogging is going to have to take a backseat for a couple weeks, until I can find some breathing space and hunt down my elusive creativity again.

It really hit me this weekend how much time blogging really involves. I love to do it, so I didn't really notice it before. But when you're swamped, it's so much easier to tweet from your phone, browse the internet for something quick, or send someone an email, than it is to sit down at a laptop for over an hour and enter the alternate reality of the blogosphere.

I'm hoping to be able to write up a couple of posts over the next fortnight (but let's face it, I'll probably be too immersed in packing to even think), and I really hope I can pop in to all the wonderful blogs I follow now and then. Reading a blog post isn't too hard to do from your phone - it's just commenting that's nearly impossible!

Still, mustn't knock the marvels of technology.

So, I hope you all have a fantastic week(s), and do try not to forget me because I will be back, a la the Terminator!

13 comments:

  1. Ah, yes...it takes lots and lots of time! Finding the balance is key. My blog normally goes on hiatus for a week every month or so. Works for me! You'll find the balance. ;-)

    ~JD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, g'luck with the moving and the shaking.
    Take care, and read you when you get back. : j

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhhh nooooooo...

    Totally understand, but I shall miss you! :) Hope all goes well with uni and the move, and I'll be waiting for your return!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come back soon! And good luck with all your stuff. I hate that period where you just can't seem to make the mountain of crummy things to do smaller ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't stress out too much, we will all be here when you get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I know I have been such a terrible blogger friend and JUST saw the sweet award you gave me! Thank you so so much!! You are totally right about blogging taking up SO much time. Go take your break girl; you deserve it!! (Cannot wait until you're back, though :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does sound hectic, but it sounds like a fun kind of hectic. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How could we forget you? You have your hands full with moving and everything else. Totally understandable....Enjoy your Blog-cation and we'll be here when you get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. take all the time you need, sangu :)

    when i move, the bed goes on last, off first, followed by the coffee pot [and its needs], kitchen stuff... the rest can stayed boxed til panic sets in... or i need clothes! :O lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are hereby awarded the Versatile Blogger Award! If you accept this award, please share seven things about you that your readers may not know. And...list seven of your favorite blogs that you think deserve this award. Just passing along the love...

    Feel free to visit my blog to copy/paste the award for your blog.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope everything's going well for you. I'm missing you.
    Vix
    xxx

    ReplyDelete