Pages

Tuesday, 27 April 2010

Insanity? Oh, why not?

Echo, intrepid protagonist and narrator of ECHOES: 
Sangu?

Me [jerks head up and chokes on drink]: 
Echo?

Echo [indignant]: 
Who else would it be? I'm the only one who persistently offers you inspiration, you know. Even when you don't want it.
 
Me: 
But I wasn't expecting you! I was waiting to hear from the protagonists of the other book!

Echo: 
Well, I thought I'd drop by instead. They're awfully lazy. Now, I'd really, really like to know- is [glances around and lowers her voice] you know, That Character, dead or not?

Me: 
I'm not telling you.

Echo: 
Will you tell me if I'm going to be grievously injured again anytime soon?

Me: 
No.

Echo: 
Well, can I at least be spared a scar this time?

Me: 
No.

Echo: 
Just so I understand, is that 'no, I won't be spared a scar and therefore will be given yet another one', or 'no, you won't tell me whether or not I'll be spared a scar'?

Me: 
Echo!

Echo: 
Okay, okay. I'll be off, then. [Smiles] Fancy having coffee tomorrow? I really, really want to know what you've got planned for me in the next book, because, obviously, I'm going to thwart you at every turn and do what I think is right.

Me [resigned]: 
Of course you are. Tomorrow at seven, then? 

1 comment:

  1. please tell me this happened! and make sure linds doesn't write down the conversations that go on in her head, you'd give everyone a breakdown.

    ReplyDelete