Pages

Tuesday 13 April 2010

Suitable blog fodder?

Have just had a couple more rejections, but an agent has requested the full manuscript of ECHOES. This means that, when I send it to him, I'll have one partial and one full out with agents. This is a promising tally, and I'm very excited! And also terrified. Can't quite shake the feeling that the book is just not good enough. But it's the best I can make it, so it's worth a shot, right?

So, being swamped with university work and a need now to format said full manuscript, I don't really have a scintillating blog post. Nevertheless, I thought I'd point readers to this article.

Ants that have evolved so that they don't need men. Wow.

Should we be taking lessons? Or does this 'world without sex' sound bleak?

Hopefully, that article provides some amusement. Not to mention knowledge. To quote from Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel's Dart, 'all knowledge is worth having'. I'm not sure what use I'm going to put knowing about all-female Amazonian ant hives to, but we'll just have to see...

1 comment:

  1. I read this too!

    Apparently, sales at Ant Summers have gone through the roof.

    ReplyDelete