Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Hello, 2013!

Happy New Year, everyone!

I hope you've all had a fantastic Christmas, New Year and general holiday season. My parents and brother came to visit so, for the first time in about five years, we were all together on Christmas Day. I have the baby to thank for that (yeah, they weren't going to make the effort for me) so... thanks, Jem!

I have a lot to look forward to in 2013. The UK edition of The Lost Girl is out on Thursday, I'm working on exciting new projects, the baby is healthy and (when he gets his way) happy and is growing more fun to watch every day, and I HAVE A MACBOOK AIR. I'm a kid, an instant-gratification kind of girl, so as excited as I am about everything I've just mentioned, I kind of have to admit the thing I am really and truly looking forward to doing first in 2013 is playing with my Mac. 

I think I may be addicted to expensive electronics...

As for you guys, I have a lot of cool stuff planned for you too! I'm going to have a contest soon, because it's been yonks since my last one; I'm hoping to finish some new Lost Girl extras and snippets and share them in the near future; I've putting together some writing-related sketches and drawings for those of you who might like to see more of the book, its world and my other writing; I... well, actually, that's all I can think of right now, but I promise this will be a fun year!

What are you looking forward to in 2013?

11 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I'm excited to see what you've got planned. I'm looking forward to doing more writing this year. Also getting back to Yoga. I broke my toe and had to quit for 6 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, Kirsten! I hope your toe's not too bad now? I'm looking forward to writing more this year too... I think my writing habits last year were rubbish!

      Delete
  2. You sound higher than a kite right now! Your 2013 is going to rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to a holiday I have planned this month, other than that pretty much more writing is on the books. Hope 2013 is good to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Sounds like 2013 is going to be awesome.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a productive 2013 filled with all sorts of interesting and wonderful writerly thinggies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wwwaaaaiiiittt, the book is supposed to be published tomorrow? The UK edition (as listed on goodreads) is the edition I have, but I bought it before tomorrow?... I thought it was only the ebook randomhouse are releasing tomorrow.
    Also Sangu, how come you've released it later in the UK when you live in England? Wouldn't you like to release it in the UK the same time or were you not allowed? I was just wondering because now I'm not sure it counts for the British Books Challenge :/ Hopefully it will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Amy! The book's official UK release date is tomorrow, but I know it's been available in other Commonwealth territories and online on Amazon.co.uk since as early as November - it's just that after tomorrow it should be available everywhere. As for why the date is later than the US release, that's usually up to the publisher and it certainly was in my case. I hope it still counts for the Challenge. It has been available for a week or so in the UK - my mother's copy arrived last week - so it should count? And thank you so much for buying it!

      Delete