1. The weather. What post would be complete without mentioning this? Now I will admit the weather has been sketchy here in the UK - disgustingly cold for summer, appallingly hot, rainy, bits in between - but today, for example, is a lovely day. And the weather is gorgeous. And all I want to do is go for a long drive with the windows down, and drink ice cold things, and snooze.
2. A TORRENT OF LIGHT has sold to Germany (Ravensburger) and the UK (Random House)!
Now obviously I am super-excited about the fact that my book will be published in the US and Germany, but I have to admit I'm a teeny bit more excited about it being out here in the UK next year - just because I live here and it means I can maybe walk into a bookstore and see it, right there on the shelves.
It's a dizzying thought.
3. Steve and I have an appointment at the hospital mid-month for our second scan. Where, amongst other things, we will hopefully find out if we're having a boy or a girl.
This is terribly exciting to me. I'm one of those people who can't stand surprises. The moment I hear a surprise is in the offing, I pester and plead until I find out what it is or until it's time for said surprise to be unveiled, whichever comes first. The thought that my unborn offspring might already be keeping secrets from me is intolerable. I must know if he is a he or she is a she.
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. It will all really be over when that film is out. And I don't really want it to end. It's kind of sad knowing there's never going to be another book or another movie out. But at the same time I can't wait to watch the darn thing.
5. Being able to wear my bee-yoo-ti-ful new maternity dresses. They're very summery. All floaty knee-length skirts and short sleeves (or no sleeves) and general prettiness. So I guess this should really be part of Weather, above, but I'm putting it under Fashion, here. Because quite frankly fashion can be difficult when one is with child.
What are you happy about this July? What are you looking forward to?