Pages

Tuesday 30 November 2010

Things to Be Excited About


With the weather getting everybody down (it's bleak and cold and snowing in England, it's even cold and grey here in India where I still am, and I expect most of the northern hemisphere is feeling the onset of winter), I thought this was as good a time as any to concentrate on all the things I am happy/excited about - and to ask you to share what you're excited about!

1. I will be back in the UK in eleven days! This might not seem like such an exciting thing, especially because I will be sad to leave Bangalore and my parents and family after having seen them for such a short time, but I am so excited to be back with Steve. 

2. I have a wedding to plan, so I'm expecting a lot of stress and chaos and amazingness in the next few weeks. We're hoping to get married at the end of January, if all goes according to plan, so  Oh. My. God. that's not far away now!

3. WOVEN is going to be published! Sara Sargent, an editor at Balzer + Bray (an imprint of Harper Collins Children's in the US), made an offer about three weeks ago and my agent and I had another offer but we ultimately went with Sara, who is awesome, by the way. I haven't signed the contract yet, which might be why it still feels surreal and impossible - apart from, of course, the fact that it is surreal. 

I've been telling myself to hold off posting about this until it's all signed and sealed, but I couldn't resist! And hey, I've held off for three weeks, that's pretty darn good willpower! I know I need to write up a proper post about it and explain things better, but for now, let that be a bit of exciting news. And let me also say: thank you, Melissa, for making this happen!

4. I bought a pair of gorgeous gold heels the other day. Now I know this is a very frivolous thing to be excited about - and that it's shameful I don't even have a photo to show off yet - but I love those shoes. I bought them for the wedding, but I'm totally going to get more wear out of them afterwards.

So there. Four things I am thrilled about this week. But I'd love to know about the rest of you (though I'm not sure I have to ask Talli what she's excited about)!

What's brightening your winter?

15 comments:

  1. Weddings, published work and gold shoes? That sounds amazing!
    My life is being brightened by the fact I'll be in India by the end of the week! Hooray! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vix, that's fabulous, you must be so eager to get away from the cold! It's chilly here, but nothing compared to the UK - and if you're going to Goa, it'll be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

    I can't believe you've held off so long! Massive MASSIVE congrats! Now it's my turn to be your fan girl! Just tell me when and where you'd like me to turn up and scream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha thank you Talli! I fear you'll have to wait until at least 2012 to be my fangirl, but the spot is totally reserved for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Sangu!!! That's so fantabulously brilliant!!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, could your life get any better?!! All of this is incredible. Hope we get to see wedding pics and I plan to buy your book. CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I plan to become a fan girl as well haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BOOK!

    Can I also become a fangirl? :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, what amazing news!! I didn't even know you were engaged, let alone that there was a wedding so soon!

    And WOOOO about the book! Am dying to hear more about it and you know as soon as it's published I'll be buying myself a copy or two.

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations I hopped over from Talli's blog and I just had to say visiting the golden temple at GOA is on my to do list (I just had to after I saw Bride and Prejudice) and congratulations on your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Sangu!!! Brilliant news! That goes for the wedding, the gold heels, being back in the UK, and WOVEN. Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! What wonderful news all around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for all the lovely comments, everyone! You're all awesome!

    ReplyDelete